Thursday 23 July 2020

♥ Barbara Iwish ♥

Barbara Iwish

2007-08-05         2020-07-12


From Barbara's profile:

Hi, I love talking to people although it's difficult because in RL I am deaf & have  problems with typing.
I enjoy helping people in any way that I can, and in my own small way I try to make things better for everyone in SL.
I do not make or take any commitments from anyone unless I know, like & trust them.  I  appreciate my friends and will help & support them to the best of my ability. 

I met Barbara shortly after she arrived in SL, when she spent a lot of her time in the newbies section at Help Island helping new arrivals.

In 2009, she joined in the Moonstar Hunts and wore the winners' outfits:


Here she is in 2011:


and in 2012:


and in 2015:


and in 2017: 


How we have all changed! Barbara was always ready to try new things - even the dreaded MESH! 
She loved spending time with her great friend Hermit at their island, sailing, flying and building things.

Just before Christmas, Barbara became very unwell, but with her characteristic optimism and positive thinking she made light of it. She had many tests at the hospital and finally an operation. Whilst waiting for a follow up operation, she had to return to hospital with a lung infection. She then succumbed to Covid-19 and became weaker and weaker until we heard from her daughter that she had passed away on Sunday 12th July. 
Someone described Barbara as the sparkle in Moonstar ... and we miss her so much. It was an honour to have known her.

Sadly this was the last conversation I actually had with Barbara in IM:

[2020-02-06 14:44:31]  Barbara Iwish: Going to head out now, have another cup of soup to get a bit of nourishment :)
[2020-02-06 14:45:08]  Vamilia Vella: yes you must rest :) but really - so happy to have "seen" you :)
[2020-02-06 14:46:05]  Barbara Iwish: Probably go to bed then, been sleeping for quite short periods, usually a few hours at best but could only be an hour :)
[2020-02-06 14:46:53]  Vamilia Vella: take care of you :) and byeeeeeee for now!
[2020-02-06 14:47:16]  Barbara Iwish: Take care, Try not to work too hard, & please give my regards to everyone :)
[2020-02-08 15:50:02]  Barbara Iwish is offline.

Goodnight Barbara and sweet dreams. xxx

4 comments:

  1. A very Loved Lady in all regards, loved to chat and help others . I for one will truely miss her and she will always be in my thoughts. Rest in Peace my friend love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she was a very helpful and great lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss Barbara so much she will always be in my heart she was an awesome and great lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran across her memorial, but sadly did not know her. Seems that she was a lovely person. Wish I could have known her.

    ReplyDelete